ISP customer assignments

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Tue Oct 13 11:53:55 UTC 2009

On 2009-10-13, at 07:39, Scott Morris wrote:

> No idea, I haven't looked at that stuff in a while.   But I would
> assume
> so, as it's easier to build a foundation than jumping straight to
> something difficult?

I've found RIP to be a reasonable way to teach the concept of a
routing protocol, since the protocol is very simple and you can always
close with "don't ever use this".

But teaching classful routing and addressing is just moronic. It's a
foundation that nothing is built on any more, and makes no sense to
teach outside of a history class.

> Or did you learn calculus in grade school?  Just askin'   ;)

Yes, since you asked, but your presumption is faulty.

Joe