ISP customer assignments

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Tue Oct 13 03:32:23 UTC 2009

I'm going to have to pull the "mixed-hat" on this one.  If you are
comparing this to a true "academia" environment, I'd agree with you.
Too much theory, not enough reality in things.  However, I've yet to see
the part about where the person is being trained from.

I happen to train people at CCIE level.  I also happen to do consulting,
implementation, and design work.  In my training environment, there are
all sorts of re-thinking of what/how things are being taught even within
the confines of comparison to a lab environment.  But that's a personal
point of view trying to keep reality involved and be worthwhile.

I'm not trying to open any sort of debate or can of worms here, but just
because one is receiving training does not mean the instructor has no
functional knowledge of something.   I'm interested in hearing the
playout on this one as well.

How many addresses do you like on point-to-point circuits?

Scott