IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

Dave Temkin davet1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:09:33 UTC 2009

Randy Epstein wrote:
> No need for me to repeat what Mike has posted.  I agree 100% with him on all
> fronts.  Mike and his team have gone out of their way to promote and support
> IPv6 from the very beginning and I think everyone knows this.  In the past,
> I had some differences with Mike over legacy policies that Hurricane adopted
> initially, but after spending time with him and explaining those issues, he
> did everything in his power to correct them.  I'd even say he went above and
> beyond everyone's expectations.
>
> I hope this issue gets resolved quickly.  I've seen first hand the political
> issues in v4 and I really hope we don't have a repeat of this in v6.  There
> are a handful of providers that have turned to a restrictive IPv6 policy (or
> "must be existing peer in v4 to peer in v6 with us") and I find it
> outrageous at this point in time.
>
> Cogent, get with the program.
>
> Regards,
>
> Randy

Cogent:  You are absolutely insane.  You are doing nothing but
alienating your customers and doing a disservice to IPv6 and the
internet as a whole.

You are publishing AAAA records for www.cogentco.com, which means that I
CANNOT reach it to even look at your looking glass.  I send my prefixes
to 4436, 22822, and 6939 and you are not peering with any of them.  Why
not peer, for FREE, with 6939?  What could you possibly gain from NOT
doing this?  HE is NOT going to buy transit from you (nor am I).  Please
fix your policy.

-Dave