IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

Randy Epstein repstein at chello.at
Mon Oct 12 20:56:36 UTC 2009

No need for me to repeat what Mike has posted.  I agree 100% with him on all
fronts.  Mike and his team have gone out of their way to promote and support
IPv6 from the very beginning and I think everyone knows this.  In the past,
I had some differences with Mike over legacy policies that Hurricane adopted
initially, but after spending time with him and explaining those issues, he
did everything in his power to correct them.  I'd even say he went above and
beyond everyone's expectations.

I hope this issue gets resolved quickly.  I've seen first hand the political
issues in v4 and I really hope we don't have a repeat of this in v6.  There
are a handful of providers that have turned to a restrictive IPv6 policy (or
"must be existing peer in v4 to peer in v6 with us") and I find it
outrageous at this point in time.

Cogent, get with the program.

Regards,

Randy