IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Mon Oct 12 17:25:07 UTC 2009

On October 12, 2009, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> In summary: HE has worked tirelessly and mostly thanklessly to promote
> v6.  They have done more to bring v6 to the forefront than any other
> network.  But at the end of day, despite HE's valiant effort on v6, v6
> has all the problems of v4 on the backbone, PLUS growing pains.  Which
> means it is difficult to rely on it, as v4 has enough dangers on its
> own.

And don't forget.. Once IPv6 gets to the mainstream.. IP Reputation lists are
going to have a real fun time :) Spammers would love to see IPv6 in place I am
sure. ;)  Routing IPv6 is going to require one heck of a thinking re-
adjustment.  Would be nice to just leave IPv6 in the premises, and keep IPv4
for routing.

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Michael Peddemors - President/CEO - LinuxMagic
Products, Services, Support and Development
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com
"LinuxMagic" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

those of the author and are not intended to  represent those of the company.