NEED Some HELP

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Oct 10 09:24:35 UTC 2009

On Oct 10, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Bong Barnido wrote:

> I cannot ping the IP on my Cisco 6509 from the internet.

Quite out of the context of the connectivity issue you're trying to
troubleshoot, it's in fact extremely desirable to have your 6509 (and
all your routers, for that matter) unpingable from the outside your
own network.  The BCP is to use iACLs, CoPP, et. al. to keep out all
unsolicited traffic headed to, as opposed to through (like traceroute,
pinging customer hosts, etc.), your network infrastructure.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625