NEED Some HELP

Bong Barnido bong.barnido at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 09:12:13 UTC 2009

Hi Nanog Members,

I've been troubleshooting this problem for a few days already but i'm still
unable to fix it. I think it's now time to ask some help from Nanog members.

I cannot ping the IP on my Cisco 6509 from the internet.

Here are the setup:
*Internet*---(copper)-->*GSR*----(fiber)--->* Cisco 6509*   <<<<<This setup
is NOT OK - I cannot ping
*Internet*---(copper)-->*GSR*----(copper)---> *Cisco 6509*   <<<<< This
setup is OK - I can ping(this is directly connected to the PRP2)

NOTES:

   - I am using PRP2 on my GSR and the fiber is connected to the 4xGE module
   - I have a default route from Cisco 6509 to GSR
   - From the 6509 I can only ping the IP addresses on the GSR, addresses
   outside the GSR are not reachable
   - From the internet, I can only ping up to the GSR
   - I can ping from GSR to 6509 and vise versa
   - The IP on the 6509 is configured on the interface that is directly
   connected to the GSR.

Thanks,
-bong