32-bit AS numbers

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Oct 9 08:31:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As you (hopefully) know, as of 1-1-2010, the RIRs will only be giving
out 32-bit AS numbers. I'm writing an article for Ars Technica about
this, and I was wondering about the perspective of network operators
who may be faced with customers with a 32-bit AS number in the near
future, and how the vendor support for 32-bit AS numbers is working out.

If you send me info in private mail, let me know your title/
affiliation and whether I can quote you or not.

Iljitsch