<Help - Unable to builld a IP-SEC VPN on a Cisco ASA 5520>

Mike fobdfc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:02:43 UTC 2009

VPNs work only in single, routed mode. VPN functionality is
unavailable in configurations that include either security contexts,
also referred to as multi-mode firewall, or Active/Active stateful
failover.

The exception to this caveat is that you can configure and use one
connection for administrative purposes to (not through) the security
appliance in transparent mode.

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/vpnsysop.html