Dutch ISPs to collaborate and take responsibilityfor bottedclients

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Tue Oct 6 13:04:56 UTC 2009

> > I think the need for someone being able to call 911 from their VoIP
> > outweighs your right to claim that they should be disconnected from
> > the Internet.
>
> Again, I don't disagree, but I see it as a technical issue
> which is solvable. I don't see why this is THE issue. It's
> really just changing the subject of the discussion.

It is a technical issue that is already solved. There are deploy walled
garden/quarantine systems in the US with 911 regulations which will shunt
customers who are violated to a clean up section of the network. 911 and
other services are not included in this shunt.

The deployments are improving over time, as each operator who has deployed
gains more experience.

For a sample, check out:

ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/SP-Security/Quarantine/QuaWhitePaper8.pdf

And

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-00