ISP customer assignments

Chris Owen owenc at hubris.net
Mon Oct 5 21:20:44 UTC 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Wayne E. Bouchard wrote:

> Whenever you declare something to be "inexhasutable" all you do is
> increase demand. Eventually you reach a point where you realize that
> there is, in fact, a limit to the inexhaustable resource.

This is where I think there is a major disconnect on IPv6.   The size
of the pool is just so large that people just can't wrap their heads
around it.

2^128 is enough space for every man, woman and child on the planet to
have around 4 billion /64s to themselves.   Even if we assume everyone
might possibly need say 10 /64s per person that still means we are
covered until the population hits around 2,600,000,000,000,000,000.

Chris

Chris Owen         - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net