STP Visualization

Dave Plonka plonka at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 30 19:30:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 06:16:53PM +0000, David Freedman wrote:
> I wrote a perl/libgd tool some time ago which acts as a cgi script and
> takes live data and makes pretty pictures of it (per vlan).
> Note due a bunch of stuff not being uniformly implemented in IOS via
> SNMP I've had to screen scrape a little and I'm afraid this means I
> don't have any CatOS support.
>
> Let me know offlist if you are interested in the code.

I have something to do this as well, using perl to grab all the
details via SNMP, and then visualization using GraphViz.
You're welcome to use it to start with:

   http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/stpgraph/

There's a sample PDF in the "examples/" sub-dir.

Dave

P.S.  I know initially you request a "good tool", which is in the
eye of the beholder.  This one will want a programmer's eye, I guess.

--
plonka at cs.wisc.edu  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/  Madison, WI