iGlass CMTS monitoring solution

Eric J Esslinger eesslinger at fpu-tn.com
Wed Nov 25 17:46:48 UTC 2009

We've been looking at the iGlass's cable system monitoring solution for monitoring our cable system; It integrates with billing to give the ability, at a csr level, to allow them to directly lookup the status of a customer's cable modem (for example, online, offline, negotiationg, flapping), history, and also integrates with the CMTS and will make SNMP polls of the modems to see signal levels, CPE's attached, configured speed vs current actual speed, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments for or against them, or of alternative companies or even open source alternatives. I'm perfectly fine with 'roll your own' but Nagios/cacti type monitoring really just doesn't cut it where this is concerned.

We're < 10k customers.

Contacting me offlist is fine. Thanks.

Eric Esslinger
Information Services Manager - Fayetteville Public Utilities
http://www.fpu-tn.com/
(931)433-1522 ext 165

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited.