Who has AS 1712?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:14:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:

> It seems to me that at some point we need to stop trying to put dresses on the pig.

how, given where we are today, do you do that? I agree that presence
of an ASN in routing data (in as_paths really) isn't proof of
existence/use/abuse but not checking is not helping. 100% perfect
would be awesome, today we have less than 100%, we could be doing a
job closer to 100% by acting on some low-hanging fruit.

To really move forward and get to 100% (or as near as we can hope for)
what steps/actions/changes do you propose? It seems that at least
RIPE/ARIN have their attentioned aimed this way now :)

-Chris