Who has AS 1712?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Nov 24 05:32:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Christopher Morrow wrote:

>> how to detect if there are more instances?
>
> o Should some form of 'scrape routeviews before assignment' happen at
> the RIR? (if you don't like o RV, pick another 2-3 sources of data)
> o How do you make sure each RIR does this act?
> o Should the customer check public data sources before acceptance?
> o Is there a 30 day revoke/return dance for Number Resources?

Checking "global BGP" only works if the ASN is being announced at that
instant.  That ought to be one of the due diligence steps, but so should
checking the various RIR whois servers.  Lots of ASNs have been assigned
but aren't visible in the global table.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |