Ethernet over DS3 Converters

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Nov 24 01:22:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Brad Fleming <bdfleming at kanren.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My company is searching for some Ethernet over DS3 converters / adaptors for
> a specific installation. I see several options from Adtran, RAD-Direct, and
> a couple other (smaller) vendors and was wondering if anyone out there has
> suggestions or insights.

/me wonders how many ISPs still have old NetEdge boxes leftover
from mae-east/mae-west extensions lurking in dark cabinets and
hidden corners of colos in the san jose and vienna areas they would
be more than happy to give away... ^_^;

(for those who missed out on that flavour of joy 15 years ago...
http://www.networkworld.com/archive/1994/94-01-24rout.html
http://web.archive.org/web/19961112045539/www.netedge.com/pages/edge40_datasheet.html

OK...that was a frightening bit of reminiscing.  ^_^;;

*goes back into power-lurking mode again*
Matt