Password repository

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Nov 20 16:34:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, John Adams wrote:

> I'm a big fan of 1password, but I'm on mac and iPhone.

  I'll second that.  1Password truly is fabulous, though it's strength is
  the Auto-website login feature with a hotkey.  When in your browser,
  Command+Option+\, type some characters of the site or description, hit
  enter, and it opens your default browser, goes to the site and logs you
  in.  Integrates on all browsers: Safari, Firefox, Opera and others.

  Supports secure notes, has a well designed strong password generator, can
  be synced over the network to multiple other computers via Dropbox (or
  whatever you want to use, rsync works too), and has great integration with
  the iPhone as well as a browser-based client for use on non-Mac computers.

  If you are not using a Mac, or are using a mixed bag of operating systems,
  1Password is probably not best.