Announcement: Critical Internet Infrastructure WG is now open to public participation

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Thu Nov 19 07:27:39 UTC 2009

Jorge Amodio wrote:
> Still you didn't answer the question.
>
> What ISOTF stands for and who are "we" ?
>
> What papers the "we" published ? where ?

This is off-topic, so while we give some thought as to what to put on
the public web page in the future, here is a quick answer. Future

ISOTF stands for Internet Security Operations Task Force. It's a loosely
affiliated group of people who respond to Internet-wide incident
response, and sometimes, need an umbrella name.

I can share personal examples of past uses relating to NANOG, which are
public. I realize you need a blurb-like answer rather than answer by
example. Public is new for us, so give us time:

I can share personal examples of past uses relating to NANOG, which are
public:

1. Monthly botnet C&C's report, posted for a while from
c2reports at isotf.org by Randy Vaughn and myself.

2. We also use it to host some papers such as I did the original DNS
Amplification Attacks, which was released prior to being able to get
academic credit or decent editing, due to operational needs of major
attacks in the wild, with very little information known at the time by
operators.

3. ISOI stands for Internet Security Operations and Intelligence. It is
a non-profit and closed workshop for vetted and trusted individuals in
communities such as MWP, NSP-SEC, MAAWG, and in government, law
enforcement, industry and academia in North America and world-wide. In
it sensitive subjects relating to the security of the Internet
infrastructure, combating cyber crime, phishing, botnets and fraud are
being discussed.

ISOI 1 was hosted by Cisco and supported by the ISC.
http://isotf.org/isoi.html

ISOI 2 was hosted by Microsoft and supported by Trend Micro.
http://isotf.org/isoi2.html

ISOI 3 was hosted by ICANN, ISOC and Afilias, and supported by Sunbelt
Software.
http://isotf.org/isoi3.html

ISOI 4 was hosted by Yahoo! and supported by various local SF-bay companies.
http://isotf.org/isoi4.html

ISOI 5 was hosted by the Estonian CERT and supported by Norman.
http://isotf.org/isoi5.html

ISOI 6 was hosted by the University of Texas, Dallas, and supported by
Baylor University.
http://isotf.org/isoi6.html

ISOI 7 was hosted by Websense and ESET, and supported by Facebook and
Softlayer:
http://isotf.org/isoi7.html

	Gadi.

--