Password repository

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Nov 19 07:11:59 UTC 2009

On 19/11/09 15:34 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Quick question, does anyone have software/combination of tools they
>> recommend on centrally store various passwords securely?
>
><old school>
>
>ascii text file, gpg encrypted, only opened with emacs crypt++.el

 From the network administrator perspective, we prefer to use a 3rd
party/central authentication system where feasible, to reduce the number of
passwords entries in our network from Users*Systems to
Users*Security_Domains, and keep a gpg encrypted file (and a physical copy)
in a safe location of rarely used admin/root passwords that we only
need in an emergency (e.g. when RADIUS goes down).

--
Dan White