What happened to Quick Eagle?

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Tue Nov 17 19:49:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 07:09:22PM +0000, Peter Hicks wrote:
> I have a Quick Eagle DL087E here, but Quick Eagle's website has
> fallen off the planet:
>
>   pwh at angel:~$ host -t any www.quickeagle.com
>   Host www.quickeagle.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

	Their phones go to a reorder too.  I'm guessing the T1 DSU
market is not as robust as it used to be.

> Can anyone help me out with a firmware update and/or PDF manuals?

	While they did have an update mechanism, I don't remember
ever really having to update the code on a DL08x.  Once configured,
they tended to just work.

	I did manage to find these:

	http://cliffbrooks.com/Samples/soloselectt1_qwk.pdf
http://www.interlinkweb.com/quickeagle/manuals%5CPrelude-T1-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

	(Your best bet is probably looking for DL087, followed by DL080 or "Digital Link" on Google, with the filetype:pdf modifier.)

> It's been a little while since I had to use one of these.

	The menued interface is really easy to deal with, so just get
consoled into it and go -- odds are you don't even need the docs.  DIP
switch guide used to be on a decal on the bottom -- if not, it's on page
19 of the first PDF I linked above.

	I used to have a very large quantity of these in service, so if
you have any questions, fire me an email off-list and I'll see if I can
remember the answer.

	--msa