Juniper M120 Alternatives

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Nov 17 15:24:24 UTC 2009

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> They've definitely been improving it over the years though, so much that
> I almost never trigger a session reset on me unintentionally any more.

They must have. This was new to me and came as a shock. I don't think
I've ever seen my m120 behave any different than my cisco when it comes
to flapping BGP. Things have just worked as I expected them to. Not that
I go screwing with underlying interface configs or changing a peer from
one group to another or changing the asn; at least not on a live
session. These things would seem to indicate that the session might be
subject to reset.

Perhaps it just behaves for normal users and not power users. :)

Jack