Juniper M120 Alternatives

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Nov 17 00:28:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 06:04:46PM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> We've been using the MX-es as border routers for some time now.  It's a
> role that suits them very well in my opinion, no problems at all so far.

Caveat: no MAC accounting on LAGs (IEEE speak) / Aggregated Ethernet (Juniper
speak) / Etherchannels (Cisco speak).

Might or might not be important when using bundled links to public
peering fabrics.

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: and of course JUNOS still undeterministically resetting unrelated BGP
sessions for no good reason when modifying BGP configuration - so one is
well-advised to do ANY configuration changes in the area of BGP within a
maint window as it might happen that you configure a peering session and
whoops there goes your IBGP mesh... or all your other peerings, or, ...
</rant>