Juniper M120 Alternatives

Gary Mackenzie net-ops at monolith-networks.net
Mon Nov 16 16:14:52 UTC 2009

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 09:04, Dale W. Carder <dwcarder at wisc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Gary Mackenzie wrote:
>>
>>> Having slightly lost track of what everybody is using for peering
>>> routers
>>> these days, what is the consensus about the best alternative to Juniper
>>> series routers?
>>
>> have you looked at the MX series?
>
> +1
> ~Chris
>

>> Dale

I had looked briefly, does anybody here actually use them as peering
routers? I've seen a few implementations using them in the MPLS P and PE
router roles but never as border routers.

If there is some precedent for using them in this role that's good to hear
and I'll take another look, I was loath to move away from Juniper as our
current boxes are been the model of reliability.

Cheers

Gary