Layer 2 vs. Layer 3 to TOR

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Fri Nov 13 16:29:17 UTC 2009

>From a colleague here at NASA (high-performance computing area):

"We are currently using our three Arista switches as
an extremely economical way to get a 10G non-blocking
testbed for our various test areas.  We have every
intention of looking at them as an option for
their routing capabilities, but have been buried
with setup and testing of our testbed equipment and
getting ready for Super Computing 2009.  They seem
to have a number of very promising possibilities and
have so far proven to be very capable switches.

Paul Lang"

Joe