qos 3560

Martin, Paul Paul.Martin at viatel.com
Thu Nov 12 15:31:02 UTC 2009

Following on, the best way is to 'trust' on all uplinks between devices
and filter at the edge. So you have a customer who shouldn't be sending
tagged traffic, set the port to not trusted (should be the default
state) and any customer using QoS should have "mls qos trust dscp" on
the demark port.

If you don't have a trusted core, then all it takes is a simple switch
in the path traffic takes and you'll find yourself scratching your head
as to why the DSCP tags are disappearing all of a sudden!

Paul