What DNS Is Not

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Tue Nov 10 04:15:19 UTC 2009

Shouldn't such apps be checking the content they receive back from a
server anyway?
Regardless of if they think they're getting to the right server (due to
a bogus non-NXDOMAIN response) there should be some sort of validation
in place.. otherwise you're open in any sort of man-in-the-middle attack.

I think the issue is more that older apps would expect that if they can
get a response then everything is ok.. perhaps this simply an outdated
method and needs to be rethought.