What DNS Is Not

David Andersen dga at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 10 01:01:29 UTC 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 7:52 PM, Buhrmaster, Gary wrote:

> [...]

I think this is spot on.

In particular:  Patrick, for some domains at least, can implement a
wildcard with the full cooperation and agreement of all of the
customers of sub-zones within his domain.  Particularly if he doesn't
resell any subdomains within it.  Verisign cannot. [1]

[1]  As a customer of .com, my own disagreement on this is sufficient
to prove that they don't have unanimous agreement. :-)

   -Dave