What DNS Is Not

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:02:07 UTC 2009

> DNS is NOT always defined by Paul... :)

I agree Bill, but Paul is right on the money about how the DNS is being
misused and abused to create more smoke and mirrors in the domain
name biz.

I really find annoying that some ISPs (several large ones among them) are
still tampering with the DNS responses just to put few more coins on
their coffers from click through advertising.

What I'm really afraid is that all the buzz and $$ from the domain biz
will create strong resistance to any efforts to develop a real directory
service or better  better scheme for resource naming and location.

BTW simulations != real world.

Cheers
Jorge