What DNS Is Not

Paul Wall pauldotwall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 00:42:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Dave Temkin <davet1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In most cases it already is.  He completely fails to address the concept of
> Anycast DNS and assumes people are using statically mapped resolvers.
>
> He also assumes that DNS is some great expense and that by not allowing tons
> of caching we're taking money out of peoples' wallets.  This is just not
> true with the exception of very few companies whose job it is to answer DNS
> requests.

I don't know why Paul is so concerned, just think how many F root mirrors
it helps him sell to unsuspecting saps. The Henry Ford analogy was amazingly
apt, imagine 'ol Henry coming back and claiming that automatic transmissions
were a misuse of the automobile.

Drive Slow ('cause someone left the door open at the old folks home)