Failover how much complexity will it add?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Nov 8 19:46:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 08:23:41 MST, Blake Pfankuch said:
>   I wouldn't sway from the big names for your primary connections either.

This is, of course, dependent on the OP's location and budget.  I know when we
were getting our NLR connection set up, there was a fair amount of "You want
40G worth of DWDM *where*?" involved, and the resulting topology was...
complicated.  At least at one time, there were places where our provider was
running our link across lambdas of a subsidiary of ours, which are going across
physical fiber owned by the provider...  turtles all the way down. ;)