need your suggestion about switch

Brian Feeny bfeeny at mac.com
Sat Nov 7 18:37:19 UTC 2009

What I am gathering is that you are looking to by a off brand switch?

If this is the case, then I would argue reliability and speed aren't
important to you, but rather price, so go for what you can afford I
guess.

If you lack the knowledge to purchase a switch or test it properly, I
would hire a professional services company that can do this for you
and stand by their product/decisions.
Of course, that would be expensive, and sort of goes against buying a
cheap switch in the first place.

Most vendors that you should be shopping in the first place, publish
data on their switches that is a decent guide to performance at a
distance.  Just make sure your comparing apples to apples
(packet sizes, features, etc).  There are also some independent tests
you can find such as miercom.

Brian