Interesting Point of view - Russian police and RIPE accused of aiding RBN

noc acrino noc.akrino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:20:47 UTC 2009

Greetings!

Let me introduce myself - I as a part of a support team represent NOC
Akrino, the team responsible of the technical use of AKRINO Networks,
AS44571 (91.202.61.0/21). It's a service network for DDoS-mitigation
purposes, using a combination of hardware and self-developed software which
allow us to efficiently filter mostly any kind of malicious traffic
providing the white traffic to the client's server. Among our clients there
are some e-businesses, e-shops, e-mass media, etc. with critical losses in
case of possible DDoS-attacks. I'd apply in case it's necessary, the
recommendations of our foreign resellers. Anyway we have never declared
ourselves as an abuse-resistant service provider - every abuse sent to
service email "noc.akrino at gmail.com" is being investigated and responded: we
can block the exact URLS or even block completely the traffic redirection to
the client in case of his abusive network behavior.

We're completely shocked by the declaration that the RBN moved to our AS. We
have no affiliation to RBN, the personal data is hidden and can be provided
by request just because of our members' personal security - in rare cases we
even had those risks (just because our filtration works cyber criminals
often search for other ways of influence upon us, including coercion).

In fact there are some problem clients like some adult sites whose
advertising programs could be popular with the spammers, but our policy
demands normal network behavior and in case of the abuse - their advert
partner is blocked.

So, if you have any evidence of abusive network behavior of our clients you
should send it directly to noc.akrino at gmail.com and we'll respond. If there
were any unsolved cases - we'll close them.

Please, excuse us if in somehow Akrino Networks were the source of problems
for you - we'll do our best to prevent it in the future.

And I'll sincerely ask *Jeffrey Lyon *as a representative of Blacklotus team
to clarify his accusations: aren't they connected with the fact that many of
your DDoS-protected clients have chosen our reseller Blockdos (blockdos.net)
just because our pricing doesn't depend on the amount of attack? As far as I
understand it's a question of about $20k/month. Please, tell me if I'm not
right.

Thank you.

Kanak

Akrino Abuse Team