Email filtering and protection Help

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Thu Nov 5 18:08:24 UTC 2009

Mark Urbach (mark.urbach) writes:
> Today we use Postini for inbound email protection.
> Today we use Symantec's SMTP Gateway (running on Solaris) for outgoing email
> filtering. (helps stop bad stuff from our customers sending email to the
> Internet)  This SMTP Gateway software is "End of Life"
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for other products/software to filter our
> outgoing email, from our customers going to the internet.

	Are we talking virus protection ?

	You might want to look at something like amavisd-new or clamav in
	SMTP proxy mode.

	http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
	http://www.clamav.net/

	Amavisd-new together with clamav and SpamAssassin will block a big
	chunk aof spam and viruses.

	Some vendors like Barracuda and IronPort do this as well, if you're
	willing to pay.

	Cheers,
	Phil