HE.net, Fremont-2 outage?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Thu Nov 5 00:31:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net> wrote:

> > Yup, just ask 365 Main how reliable they are -
> > http://365main.com/status_update.html
>
> I would point out that my cursory review of the document linked above
> leaves a very positive impression.  I don't know the actual details well
> enough to know if there is any reason to doubt the document...
>
> I would, however, tend to trust a vendor who disclosed events in this
> manner.  Even the best systems can fail.  How a failure is handled is
> in many ways the more important factor; being transparent about it is
> good for confidence.

Absolutely!  365 Main handled this outage very well, both at the time, but
more importantly with the followup as you can see from the URL above, which
as you can see was made (very!) public by them at the time, and not covered
in "confidential/customer only/etc" warnings.

Those that have (finally) received the notification from HE about yesterdays
outage will notice the stark difference between the way they've handled it
and the way 365 Main handled things...

  Scott.