Anyone having complaints about connectivity from people in asia?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Nov 4 18:44:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote:
> Packet loss, latency, etc?
>
> We have 6 connections and there doesn't seem to be any real theme between source/dest IPs except everyone complaining appears to be in Asia (pakistan, etc).
>
> -Drew

There's always someone somewhere complaining
about packet loss and latency; this *is* the Internet
we're talking about, after all.

it's usually not the source/dest IPs that matter, as
much as the ones in the middle.  do traceroutes,
and look for points of commonality; observe which
ASNs show up in common along the different
paths, see if there's locations in common across
the different traceroutes (do they all go through a
common city that might have a localized issue
like an earthquake, tsunami, flood, etc.).

Matt