HE.net, Fremont-2 outage?

Stef Walter stef-list at memberwebs.com
Tue Nov 3 19:13:12 UTC 2009

Tico wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I can't get through to Hurricane Electric, and they seem to be having an
> outage at their Fremont-2 facility again (as of 17:30 UTC or
> thereabouts) --
> ticket system is unanswered, phones go to voicemail, all equipment is
> unreachable.

Yes, there was a power outage. Confirmed with Hurricane Electric. All
our equipment was offline for 5 minutes or so. Discussed over on
outages at outages.org. This is the second such data center wide power
outage in 2 months.

I'm unimpressed with their lack of transparency on these issues. It
seems not even their own employees know the causes or their remedial
actions. The impression you get is that it's a pretty wild and crazy
over at Hurricane Electric without real disaster recovery plans or
procedures.

Cheers,

Stef