New Class C's just lit on on AT&T, Email Marketing

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Tue Nov 3 16:54:32 UTC 2009

It was mentioned that this might be offtopic for this list, however I did want
to get a feel for the attitudes of network operators, in light of the recent
discussions regarding the Russian Operators.. and blocking routing et al..

At what point does it become an issue to the point where operators demand that
others are responsible for the activiities coming from their networks?

Wanted to start a thread on this issue..

It was mentioned that not routing operators who are puported to be
owned/operated/supported by criminal activities, in conjunction with the
Russian IP's, and the controversy on the Hurricane Electric actions..

I think this is on topic.. However, if others think it isn't I will not post
to this subject here further...

I do know that there is a lot of chatter on this list, so I fully understand
if it needs to be kept for strictly technical problems, rather than
discussions.

	-- Michael --

On November 3, 2009, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This really is not on topic for NANOG at all (unless you want to hear
> people whine about calling it a 'class c' instead of the /23 it is,
> etc etc) but it probably *is* on topic for the mailop list. I would
> suggest setting followups to this message accordingly with nanog not
> included.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Michael Peddemors
>
> <michael at linuxmagic.com> wrote:
> > A new block under AT&T, listed as being owned by:
> >
> > The Karcher Group Inc. ATTIS-9951800 (NET-99-51-80-0-1) 99.51.80.0 -
> > 99.51.81.255
> >
> > Just started an email marketing campaign to addresses stripped from the
> > web..
> >
> > We wouldn't run out of IP's if this didn't keep happening..
> >
> > So called CAN-SPAM compliant of course..

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Michael Peddemors - President/CEO - LinuxMagic
Products, Services, Support and Development
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com
"LinuxMagic" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

those of the author and are not intended to  represent those of the company.