Upstream BGP community support

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Nov 2 20:02:58 UTC 2009

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> more accessible and therefore more likely to be used, I don't think
> traffic engineering is something I particularly want to encourage to
> excess but RTBH is a know that more people need access to quite frankly.

I think creating a standard or at least a template might push more
people to adopt communities support and to use them. There are
definitely times it is useful to redirect traffic 2 ASN's away through a
longer route. In some cases (like my small self, I try to adopt policies
that allow communities to me to also be rewritten to the corresponding
peers communities to alter things as far as 3 ASN's away from my customer.

Jack