Upstream BGP community support

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Mon Nov 2 16:38:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> As Louis Mamakos pointed out back in 1992 or so, it's hard to conceal the
>> existence of said peering:
>
> g2 is raising the cost of gaining info.  you can not prevent it
> absolutely.

No kidding--the traffic backlog on it this morning was horrible; must have cost
at least twice as much gas as normal![1]

(it actually took a bit of digging for me to find a working definition
of "G2" that made
sense in this context; is this a commonly used term that I've just
managed to remain
ignorant of, or is it really as archaic and esoteric as the lack of
definitions in search
engines would seem to indicate?  Is there a commonly-referred-to
network glossary
where people go to look up random acronyms and terms like this, or
does everybody
just do their own digging when terms are tossed out like this with no
definition associated
with it?)

> randy

Thanks!