Small guys with BGP issues

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Mon Nov 2 04:54:07 UTC 2009

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
>> - practice good behaviour (bcp38) and don't preach it
>
> Did you mean preach but don't practice it?  While I appreciate everyone
> who "preaches" it, I am not going to complain in the slightest at any
> "big guy" who practices BCP38.  Just the opposite, I'm going to praise
> them whether they preach it or not.

I'm not a political person. Take it for what it is worth.

I personally know people who do both:

- practice but not preach
- preach but don't practice

... however you take my point, I don't care.

I just wanted it to be known that the 'guys' who do practice it should
'God willing' come out and preach it.

> And this is not the big boy list.  This is for all Operators in North
> America, and many who are not, regardless of size.  (Well, I guess we'll
> exclude the guy who buys are cable/DSL link and "provides" to his mother
> & father with a LinkSys.)

eh, -stevieb has much respect for all those who read this list, and when
he posts, feels that the big guys are looking down upon him... hopefully
with approval.

Steve