Peering in Latin America

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Mon Nov 2 00:09:12 UTC 2009

Isn't skylink offering peering?

On October 31, 2009, Ken Gilmour wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am looking for carriers who offer peering in Latin America
> (Specifically Costa Rica). So far the only carrier in Costa Rica who I
> have been able to find that does this is ADN (American Data Networks,
> www.data.cr). While they are already on my list for a quote, we need
> at least one other diverse connection, so I would appreciate if anyone
> else would be able to help me find other carriers who operate here?
> Here's who i've contacted so far:
>
> RACSA - Can't get past 1st level support (they don't know what BGP is)
> ICE - Tried contacting a person who's address I was previously given
> from NANOG to no avail
> Global Crossing - Said they contacted an engineer who would get back
> to me, mailed them 4 times since to no avail (no bounced emails
> either).
> Level 3 - Apparently don't operate in Latin America
> AT&T - Want us to have a minimum of 3 locations in the US to peer with
>  first
>
> So far ADN are the only carrier who have actually been of any help.
> Quick Googling for "BGP Peering Latin America" and "BGP Peering Costa
> Rica" and several variations thereof is not yielding any fruitful
> results.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Ken

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Michael Peddemors - President/CEO - LinuxMagic
Products, Services, Support and Development
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com
"LinuxMagic" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

those of the author and are not intended to  represent those of the company.