Upstream BGP community support

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Nov 1 17:59:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:33:52 CDT, Dorian Kim said:
> Fact is, regardless of whether you or I think it makes any sense or
> not is that some peering agreements preclude disclosure of the locations
> of peering, and in some extreme cases even the disclosure of the
> existance of said peering.

As Louis Mamakos pointed out back in 1992 or so, it's hard to conceal the
existence of said peering:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~hansell/humor/wormholes

(Unfortunately, this is the only copy online I was able to find, and it's
missing the e-mail headers. The one I had has gone astray.  Gene Spafford used
to have a copy online for a class, but it too appears to have evaporated.
Anybody got a pointer to the original?