navog?

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Thu May 28 14:33:49 UTC 2009

Jared Mauch wrote:

> On May 28, 2009, at 10:16 AM, J. Oquendo wrote:
>
>> david hiers wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is anyone aware of a voip-focused group similar to nanog?  Us voip
>>> pukes
>>> have to deal with the issues of allocation, routing, and management
>>> of phone
>>> numbers as well as networks, and I have not found a voice operators'
>>> group
>>> similar to this network operators' group.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>> On the other hand, I don't know that I'd want to see a multitude of
>> messages
>> from someone saying "My trixbox dialplan doesn't work!" or, (broken
>> english
>> purposely inserted) "Why my Cisco Call Manager is tell me to partition!
>
>     Actually, there is a quite active cisco-voip list over on puck
> that discusses exactly the CM issues you refer to.  (I diverted
> everyone to that list to keep it off c-nsp and it seems to have grown
> since).
>
>     - Jared

(removed cc's to avoid sending dupes)

Agreed, I browse through some of the stuff there and indeed it works
for cisco telephony matters. Cisco staff has provided some really
good guidance on matters there, as have Digium staffers for Asterisk's
mailing list. But I can't really envision an "all inclusive" VoIP list with
regards to the carrier end, equipment end, programming end, etc.
Heaven knows I would have like to discuss Nortel and Avaya matters
countless times but then those conversations would have actually
ended up shifting towards SIP in which to a degree, they wouldn't
have even had anything to do with the vendors at all. So I view it
as a tough call.

Anyhow, perhaps links should be included:

http://voipsa.org/VOIPSEC/ (VoIPSA - VoIP Security related)
http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/index.html (SIP forum)

--
J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E