Why choose 120 volts?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Thu May 28 09:10:37 UTC 2009

Warren Bailey wrote:
> AC Grabs, DC Pushes.
>
> And for the record, I am confident this is the longest thread in the
> history of this list lol. Note to self, consult nanog on facility power
> when building next datacenter. *laugh*

Yeah, my fault for starting it. ;)

I was really just curious how many people in the US use high voltages or
stick with low voltage (in the form of 120 AC or even lower DC). The
feeling I'm getting is that some are comfortable with it and use high
voltages, but there's enough confusion because unlike other countries,
over 120 is relatively uncommon.

~Seth