Why choose 120 volts?

Dave Larter dave at stayonline.com
Wed May 27 22:01:16 UTC 2009

Seems like if the c14 was connected to a 240v PDU the 5-15 would deliver
240v to the equipment, arc/pop tripping the breaker on the PDU as soon
as it is connected killing power to everything on that PDU.

Or am I missing something, Also hard to believe it is UL since the c14
is rated 125/250v and well captain obvious says the 5-15 125v max.