Checking bogon status of new address space

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Wed May 27 04:43:43 UTC 2009

Thanks for all your suggestions on this topic. For what it's worth, I
attempted a few of the suggestions as well as my own idea and documented the
outcomes here:

http://www.anchor.com.au/blog/2009/05/testing-your-connectivity/

In summary, there's no definitive method for testing your connectivity is
perfect (obviously) but I was able to determine (hopefully with reasonable
accuracy) that there are a significant amount of ASs out there not reachable
from our new address space, at least by IPv4 ICMP.

--
Regards,
Oliver Hookins