AH or ESP

Glen Kent glen.kent at gmail.com
Tue May 26 00:23:27 UTC 2009

Just a quick question: Why do we need AH when we have ESP-NULL? Is AH
now being supported only for legacy reasons? The only negative with
ESP-NULL afaik was that it could not be filtered (since packets could
not be inspected), however, this changes with the "wesp" proposal.
Also, the fact that AH is NAT unfriendly should be the final nail in
its coffin.

Any reasons why we still see it around?

Thanks,
Glen