ISP best practices

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu May 21 21:44:23 UTC 2009

On Thursday 21 May 2009 10:14:00 am Roland Dobbins wrote:
> On May 21, 2009, at 8:45 PM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> > Securing IP Network Traffic Planes:
> > - http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587053365
>
> I can't recommend this book enough - it's the current canonical
> reference on opsec-related BCPs for network infrastructure, IMHO (full
> disclosure:  I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to provide
> some feedback to the authors as they worked on this tome, but have no
> financial interest whatsoever in its publication or sales thereof).

Ah, a good use for my Safari account.

Hmm, there's you a resource; for ~$20 per month, get access to books to read
online, download chapters in PDF format for later perusal.  I can read this,
and if it looks like something I want, I also get a discount ordering through
informit.  Safari: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/home

You do need to read a lot to make it worthwhile; advantage is that you don't
have to store or resell the book later.