NPE-G2 vs. Sup720-3BXL

Alex H. Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Sat May 16 03:25:05 UTC 2009

ASR is embedded linux solution with Quantum Processor architect if I
remember correctly.
So it uses IOS-XE, which is a little bit different from standard IOS.

If you have some room for budget, you can check Foundry MLX/XMR series
router.
It is more geared toward Ethernet Service Router.
But if you need OC3/12/48, you can have those with additional license fee.
Foundry router price is a lot lower than Juniper MX series router.

Alex