two interfaces one subnet

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Tue May 12 14:51:56 UTC 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Duane Waddle wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson
> <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>>
> IIRC, you can turn the feature off WHEN it makes an issue.

Fixed that for you.

S550 attached to a 6509, Dell blade in a blade chassis with Power
connect switches cross-connected to the 6509 in trunking mode.  Got
nothing but errors, discards, and slow performance across the link
(only to the NAS....everything else was fine).  Changed the S550 into
redundancy mode (one NIC in standby rather than active/active) and
everything is just peachy.  I don't have the time or inclination to
figure out why.....I just expect these things to work when the
manufacturer says they will.

Of course, I already have a huge issue with NetApp considering the
EOLed a 3 month old piece of gear two months after I bought it.